by Olivia Barker
I've been inspired by US Weekly and my fellow writer and name twin Olivia to share a few things with you all about me! If you've been following me for the past year and a half through First Years, you probably know my philosophy on leadership, my take on relationships and some of my greatest fears and accomplishments, but it is time to get a little more personal!
Here's 11 things you don't know about me:
- My favorite color is black. Light black, dark black, off black, blue black, pastel black, warm-toned black, all black all the time.
- I love to express myself through my style. I love taking chances and trying things that might not be considered "cool."
- My top three favorite movies are (in order) Dirty Dancing, Grease and Peter Pan. Aladdin is fourth.
- I'm the youngest of three, my brother is 37, my sister is 31 and I am 29.
- My sister is my best friend. She's one of the only people in the world who I can tell anything to and I know she would never judge me, my thoughts or my actions.
- My dogs, Macon and Benji, sleep in my queen sized bed with me. I usually am half hanging off the bed...
- Cleaning my house is relaxing for me, I clean every Sunday. My favorite chore is vacuuming and I treated myself to a new vacuum for my last birthday.
- I play kickball, softball and volleyball with the Houston Sports and Social Club. I also serve on the volunteer committee and have met some of my closest friends through the league.
- I'm an orientation and shift lead for the rescue I work with, K-9 Angels and I truly believe these are "my people."
- I love Vietnamese and Mexican food. I could eat pho and tacos every single day of my life...followed by vanilla ice cream.
I love sharing my life and connecting with you all. We spend so much time with our students and our colleagues, it's hard to not share pieces of your personal life. I really believe that by letting people in you have the chance to build rapport and make great connections, and who knows, maybe find new friends to try your favorite foods or hobbies with!