By Mairead Kiernan @Parade_withan_M maireadkiernan.wordpress.com For those of us who have taken a theories class, we’ve heard about...
By: Lindsay Ritenbaugh @lindsayrite Unless you were living under a rock like me during the month of July, you may not have heard of the N...
by William Takewell @willtakewell This is the beginning of my second year at Southern Miss. This means that much of what I have been doing ...
By: Luis H. Garay @LuisHGaray The first time I heard the word affirmation was my junior year of college during a retreat. At the ret...
When I started graduate school, I thought I was making bank because I was receiving a stipend of $12,000 a year for my assistantship at t...
by Stefanie Lucas @stefanie_lucas You survived The Placements Exchange and the first round of phone interviews… congratulations! ...
by Maggie Sutton @maggie_sutton Dear Girl at Panera Bread, I was sitting at a booth, playing with my phone, waiting not so ...
By Maggie Merryday @maggiesutton Since graduation, my cohort from my master’s program has maintained a Facebook group to bounce ide...
By Lindsay Ritenbaugh @lindsayrite This weekend I served as a staff facilitator for the Student Leadership Institute’s Winter Leader...
by Katie Yeaton @kyeat29 Dear recently admitted Student Affairs Master’s student, Congratulations! You must be excited. You are a...
by Olivia Miller @olivia9124 Dear 2nd Year Grads, This is it, your last semester of graduate school, you are almost there from transit...
by Olivia Miller @olive9124 While at NACADA last week, what started as a typical sinus infection turned into a horrible wracking cough, per...
by Dylan Ruffra @drcards Last semester my student affairs internship was assisting in the Student Involvement Office as a Student Activiti...
by Katie Yeaton @kyeat29 That time of the year is upon us! Job and program applications are due and interviews are quickly approachi...
- ► 2016 ( 153 )
- ► 2015 ( 206 )
- ► 2014 ( 256 )
- We’ve Formed, So Now We Storm
- Football and #FOMO
- Rome Away From Home
- Riding the Welcome Week Wave
- Dating Students? Why Not?
- The Art of Mentoring
- Title: First Day of School! First Day of School!
- You Need Some Culture
- Faculty Partnerships
- Be the Groundhog, Check in on Your Surroundings
- The Perfect Shot
- What a Wild Week it Was
- Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.
- What federal prison taught me about Student Affair...
- Beer, Bands, and Belonging
- Deacon Dad
- Three Reasons I’m Obsessed with the Beginning of t...
- Crossing the Line
- The Mentor Search
- August Birthdays
- A Piece of My Identity
- Post-Summer Internship Reflections: The Power of A...
- Precious Moments
- Getting Off Campus Matters
- Networking to New Hire!
- How to Keep the Good JuJu Flowing
- They're Back
- Adjusting to City Life and the Quarter System
- Collaboration: Theory to Practice
- Conflicted in Conduct
- Working Smarter, Not Harder
- Vulnerability is a GOOD Experience
- Season of Change
- Staff Bonding 101
- Lollipop Moments
- Adventure Education with Super RA’s
- The Grass Isn’t Always Greener…
- Retreat Lessons, Taking a leap, or Lows & Highs
- Patience: A Theme for SA First Years
- Bigots are students too, right?
- The Second Year: Creating your Experience
- A Little bit of Maya (Angelou, that is...)
- Close-Knit Community
- Surviving and Thriving in August
- Appreciate the Firsts
- ▼ August ( 48 )